AIA President's Awards 2007
Congratulations to the finalists and to all those who were short listed. Winners will be announced at the President's Dinner on 21 November 2007.
AIA Accountant of the Year
Ken Lever, Helen Weir, Ken Frost.
Ken Lever, John Griffith-Jones, Helen Weir, Jon Symonds, John Connolly, Ken Frost.
An award designed to recognise organisations' accountancy stars. Firms, businesses and institutes are encouraged to make nominations, though individual entries are also welcome. Open to all qualified accountants whether in business, practice or public services.
- Nominees must have demonstrated sound judgment, technical skill, innovation and leadership ability.
- Nominees must have demonstrated dedication to clients.
- Nominees must stand out from their colleagues as an accountant who has made significant impact, taking into account the length of their career in accountancy and any notable obstacles they have had to overcome.
- Nominations should include any work related activities undertaken and broader contribution to the profession.
- Nominations should include their contribution to the community.
The two other finalists are:
Finance Director Tomkins plc
Appointed to the Board of Tomkins plc in November 1999. He is a non-executive director of iSOFT Group plc. He is a Chartered Accountant and a member of the ICAEW Financial Reporting Committee and Chairman of the Hundred Group Financial Reporting Committee. He has held executive directorships at Albright and Wilson plc, Alfred McAlpine PLC and Corton Beach plc and was a partner in Arthur Andersen.
Group Finance Director Lloyds TSB
Joined the board in 2004. Group finance director of Kingfisher from 2000 to 2004. Previously finance director of B&Q from 1997, having joined that company in 1995, and held a senior position at McKinsey & Co from 1990 to 1995. Began her career at Unilever in 1983. A non-executive director of Royal Mail Holdings and a member of the Accounting Standards Board. Aged 45.