Chosun Ilbo reports that the U.S. State Department asked South Korea to "take part in the war against @Huawei," esp. asking LG U+ in particular to ultimately ban all Huawei products, citing unidentified diplomatic sources in Seoul. https://t.co/W4bVJrSkbg— Jihye Lee 이지혜 (@TheJihyeLee) May 23, 2019
Thursday, May 23, 2019
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
According to some "private equity executive" quoted in the FT, Britain (or at the very least London) will become the "new Bangladesh" under a post Brexit Corbyn government.
Not sure if he thinks that's a good or a bad thing?
Monday, May 20, 2019
The ban means that new Huawei phones will no longer be able to access certain apps, such as Google Maps and YouTube, and existing phones will not be able to update their Android operating systems.
Thursday, May 16, 2019
The pardon of Conrad Black, a political ally and longtime associate of Mr. Trump’s, was the latest example of the president using one of the unilateral powers of his office to absolve a high-profile public figure whose case resonates with him personally https://t.co/njCUrSrbeM— Annie Karni (@anniekarni) May 16, 2019
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
- The UK employment rate was estimated at 76.1%, higher than for a year earlier (75.6%) and the joint- highest figure on record.
- The UK unemployment rate was estimated at 3.8%; it has not been lower since October to December 1974.
- The UK economic inactivity rate was estimated at 20.8%, lower than for a year earlier (21.1%) and close to a record low.
- Excluding bonuses, average weekly earnings for employees in Great Britain were estimated to have increased by 3.3%, before adjusting for inflation, and by 1.5%, after adjusting for inflation, compared with a year earlier.
- Including bonuses, average weekly earnings for employees in Great Britain were estimated to have increased by 3.2%, before adjusting for inflation, and by 1.3%, after adjusting for inflation, compared with a year earlier.
Despite Brexit and a truly awful government!
Wednesday, May 08, 2019
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
NEWS: The president, his kids and the Trump Org sue Deustsche Bank and Capital One to prevent them from responding to congressional subpoenas, according to papers filed today.— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) April 30, 2019
Monday, April 29, 2019
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Call me old fashioned, but I am of the view that sanctions can be overused to the point where they harm the country imposing them.Seemingly aiming for economic chaos and social unrest to foster regime change in Iran, in a further example of what US believes is its right to assert universal jurisdiction US now imposes sanctions not only against Iran, but any state buying oil from Iranhttps://t.co/ommLz0aHkV— Charles Shoebridge (@ShoebridgeC) April 22, 2019